Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dom's Space Themed 5th Birthday Party

Last September my son decided he wanted to do a space themed party! So I looked all over Pinterest and here is what I came up with ! This was before my blog so, here it is ! 

I have been dabbling in the art of sugar cookies  and I am by far no pro but I thought they came out pretty cute and they were really yummy (or so I was told). I tried to make them as cute as possible with my beginner skills and probably not all the tools necessary here is what they came to look like.

These bottom 2 were my favorites. They came out just how I wanted, for the earth one, I let the icing dry a bit and then with my finger I dabbed it, I think it added a little something to it :)

I thought this was a really cute way to display the cupcakes (since we decided not to do a big cake), I found these at a closeout craft sale! 


 Now I like to do a little activity, so I found these ceramic robots on Oriental Trading Co. and purchased enough for all the kids, then I went to the dollar Tree and found the paint and bought enough for the kids. This was a little pricey but I really like the outcome. This is my sons. 
The house was decorated in informational posters, a lot of stuff was bought on Oriental Trading Co. We bought the inflatable solar system, glow in the dark galaxies, it was great! We had different sized rockets (Hobby Lobby) that we shot off throughout the party, a rocket bouncer! It all came together perfectly and my son ran up to us at the end of the day and couldn't stop thanking us for the awesome party, and has been asking to do it again this year !! 

Hope all is well! 

1 comment: