Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Handprint Calendar

Ok, I have been very busy making things and trying hard to make my kids childhood's as memorable as possible! So I know I am a bit behind but I am trying to catch up. After the holidays it seems like I am finally back to my routine of things. The craziness is over!!!  For Christmas my husband's family does gift exchanges amongst the adults, but I felt that the kids should get the grandparents a little something. I decided to go with a very personalized calendar. Being a fan of pinterest I found the template to a handprint calendar.
I thought this would be cute but instead of an 8.5 X 11 page calendar I found some desk calendars at the dollar tree. Then using the template from pinterest I made these calendars. I placed some color construction paper in the background and using my Cricut I cut 3X3 squares. And I alternated the months between both my kids. I bought a 6 color hand paint set made from Crayola at Toys R Us for around $5. I cut out the labels and hand wrote the poems ... it was the easiest option i could think of. 












And lastly for the cover I found a cute picture of my kids together... this one was from a year ago. And wrapped it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment